Recent Outbreaks: Influenza WHO Global Update
- In North America, the influenza activity seemed to have peaked. Influenza A(H3N2) virus has predominated this season.
- In Europe, the influenza season continued to rise, particularly in western and central countries. Influenza A(H3N2) remained the dominant virus detected this season. However, in southwest Europe, the proportion of influenza A(H1N1) and influenza B increased.
- In northern Africa and the Middle East, influenza activity is ongoing. Some countries are reporting an increase in influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 activity (Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia).
- In the temperate countries of Asia, influenza activity decreased from its peak in northern China but continued to increase in Mongolia and the Republic of Korea. Influenza A(H3N2) virus predominated so far.
- In tropical countries of the Americas, influenza activity remained low in most countries.
In tropical Asia, influenza activity continued to increase in southern China, China Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and India.